Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Big Sister...Little Brother...

This has been on my mind this last week so I thought I'd make it my blog post for today...Most of you know how busy I've been promoting our new Etsy shop, DavesHomemade and believe me it is well worth it...Dave's candles are truly wonderful and absolutely the best smelling and burning candle you can buy...I am the most picky candle person there is...

I see DavesHomemade as the "little brother" just born into our craft family...He is getting so much love, energy and attention these days...Then there is my girl, DorsetHillBeads, she's the "big sister" and has been somewhat neglected in the fact that I haven't had much time to create new beads for her to display the last couple of weeks...I think she is beginning to feel the presence of the "little brother" in the family...


Just like my children, I need to find the balance between creating new beads and jewelry for DorsetHillBeads yet still maintain and run DavesHomemade while promoting both shops...
So the goal here is for DavesHomemade to bring warmth, joy, aromatic pleasure and peace to all who desire the comfort of an amazing candle...and...for DorsetHillBeads to give her customers something unique and creative to play with so they can create and enjoy beautiful wearable art, and to also provide those who like the finished jewelry that is unique and one of a kind...
Here's to siblings...MY BOYS...

8 comments:

Maybeads said...

This is a very sweet post - great comparison. And you've got great-looking boys.

Snowbird said...

BIG & little the boys both look great. My two nephews, my little sister and her husband ALL loved and cherished ! Great blog...

Eileen said...

thank you!...big difference in size and big difference in age...they are both great boys...

Splendid Little Stars said...

Aren't siblings grand! And they both need love and nurture. Here's to you while you work out the balancing act!

Live, Love, Laugh, Write! said...

I totally understand the need to balance part! Good luck :)

Memories for Life said...

Great post...and great pic :)

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing your thoughts, life, and kids! Life is grand....

Very Verdant said...

Great comparison. Sweet

random generator

Happiness...

"Tell everyone you know: "My happiness depends on me, so you're off the hook." And then demonstrate it. Be happy, no matter what they're doing. Practice feeling good, no matter what. And before you know it, you will not give anyone else responsibility for th e way you feel—and then, you'll love them all. Because the only reason you don't love them, is because you're using them as your excuse to not feel good."

My Shelfari Bookshelf

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog

My Headlines

Beadmakers Blog Ring

Beadmakers Blog Ring

Home/Join | List | Next | Previous | Random

alt-webring.com

Blog Archive