Thursday, July 31, 2008

Grilling Yams or Sweet Potatoes...

To me there is nothing like fresh vegetables grilled to perfection (or burnt) to accompany that grilled steak, chicken, fish or burger...The other day I grilled Yam Wedges...I've never tried this before and man were they delicious...You've gotta try them...I served them with grilled scallops which were also scrumptious...

Here's how I made them...
First, I sliced the yams into wedges...
Then, I sprinkled them with a little sea salt,
Rubbed them with olive oil and chopped fresh basil...
I then placed the seasoned wedges on a medium high grill and covered for about 5 minutes...
I turned them, covered again for 5 minutes and kept this routine up for about 20 minutes...

YUM YUM YUM...I didn't take a picture because they were eaten before I thought of it but here is a good example of what they looked like...
BTW: Oh, mine were more burnt as you can imagine...

9 comments:

Nora said...

Those look sooooo good! I love yams!

kim* said...

mm seems easy enough, i shall try next time i have yam around.

rosebud101 said...

Nummy! I am going to have to make these soon. My stomach is growling and I am drooling now. I guess I have to go to the store today! Thank you for sharing!

Darlene Martin said...

these are the only vegetable my daughter will eat willingly; i'll try them on the bbq at the cottage; thanks!

x said...

Wow those look awesome!!!! I'm going to give this a try. Thanks for the tip.

smiles,
Kathy

Unknown said...

I'm gonna have to try this!

Becky said...

This looks sooo good, I'll have to try it. This is how I cook parsnips, and they always taste delicious, this is a great alternative, especially since my husband loathes parsnips!!!

Holly {ha! designs} said...

Sounds great! I'm going to have to give it a try!

Thanks!

storybeader said...

wow - that sounds (and looks!) good. A wedge is a perfect idea for sweet potato - never thought of it before!

random generator

Happiness...

"Tell everyone you know: "My happiness depends on me, so you're off the hook." And then demonstrate it. Be happy, no matter what they're doing. Practice feeling good, no matter what. And before you know it, you will not give anyone else responsibility for th e way you feel—and then, you'll love them all. Because the only reason you don't love them, is because you're using them as your excuse to not feel good."

My Shelfari Bookshelf

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog

My Headlines

Beadmakers Blog Ring

Beadmakers Blog Ring

Home/Join | List | Next | Previous | Random

alt-webring.com